Once you have done your research for the best type of gastric surgery for yourself, you will want to meet with your doctor and go over the procedure, the recovery, and any post surgical changes you will need to make to get the biggest benefit.
Once you have covered all that, you may be considered a strong candidate for the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. This procedure has many benefits, not to mention the success stories your doctor and their staff will share with you.
Now the big question: how much is it?
That’s a great question. Let’s take a look at some numbers so you can get an idea.
- The average cost of Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in the United States is: $19,000.00 before insurance, final discounts, and financing options.
- The total price for this surgery can fluctuate in the United States by as much as $5,000-$10,000, based on these factors:
- For-profit or non-profit status of the hospital you plan to use
- Local medicare population
- Local competition of surgeons
- Cost of living in the area
- The average out-of-pocket cost after insurance is $2,000 with these considerations:
- The chosen hospital
- Insurance plan and benefits
- Special discounts
- Financing options
Here’s the Good News!
Although the overall cost of this surgery is expensive, most major medical insurance companies, based on doctor recommendations, generally cover it. In Oregon, at www.oregonweightlosssurgery.com, we have financing plans and discounts available to those who qualify. We know this is a big decision, and undergoing surgery is never an easy choice. However, if your doctor recommends this procedure, we will work with you to understand all of the costs, the coverage of the procedure by your insurance company, and all of the associated costs with the hospital, surgical team, and other associated costs.
We will go over this in detail with you before you make your decision and schedule the procedure in a timeframe that works best for you. If you have questions or would like additional information, feel free to contact us today. One of our surgical specialists will be happy to discuss the procedure and all of the associated costs and options with you.
You May Also Like